With the new mellower colours in Jenni the madly bright blankets and cushions I made last year really don't work. So I set about making new blankets and cushion covers in vanilla, red, blue, navy aqua and pinks. The idea was to echo the Cath Kidston look without the Cath Kidston cost.
My first blanket is heavy in the navy and Red, I like that as I need to bring more navy into the van. I finished this one (which is made using the same granny square I made my friends blanket with earlier this year) on Thursday just in time for our first camping trip, that in the end didn't happen as the van still isn't back from the garage :( steering wheel issues :(
The second one that is still a WIP is a little more girlie and pink this one is for me to snuggle under, the first I might allow Travis to use from time to time ;)As long as his is good and not covered in campsite mud that is!
I have also made good progress on four cushion covers making all the front covers and just have the reverse sides to either sew or hook I can't decide how to finish them. I'm planning to have them all completed by the first week in August as Sam and I have a trip away together in the van to Glastonbury :)